Wednesday 18 June 2014

XC Racer Part I - the Frame


I decided to focus on getting the frame first as that would then dictate the forks etc.  After many months of scouring forum classifieds, eBay, Gumtree, Pinkbike and the like, I spotted a very good condition Whyte 20-CS on the Pinkbike Classifieds.  The owner was also selling the Rock Shox SID’s that came with the frame, the seat post and stem.  So we had a little bit of offering back and forth before we settled on £500 for the lot, with a very helpful mate of mine who lived near the seller collecting for me.

I had done plenty of research before finally pushing the button and Whyte are an exciting British brand led by Chief Designer Ian Alexander.  They have a wide range of bikes based around trail and cross country racing.  Their range is now based around 29 inch wheel bikes but the 2012 20-CS was one of their last 26 inch wheeled bikes.  

Full info on the 20-CS can be seen here:


With the current 2014 range of Whyte bikes seen here:


Once back at home the frame looks great and I am super keen to source the rest of the bits and get this little cracker built.



No comments:

Post a Comment